General Evaluator's Check List
- Did s/he arrive early enough to prepare the
meeting room and meet guests at the door?
- Was spatial arrangement (tables and chairs
etc.) good enough?
- Did s/he ask guests to fill in the guest
- Did s/he introduce guests to officers and
other members before the program began?
- Did s/he provide the president with the guest
cards filled in to refer to in guest introduction?
President at business session
- Did s/he start the meeting on time?
- Did s/he introduce the guests properly?
- Did s/he ask the Secretary to read the minutes
of the previous meeting?
- Were the minutes sufficiently detailed and
- Was parliamentary procedure followed in the
- Were there any confusion or evident mistakes
in the parliamentary procedure?
- Did the president act democratically?
- Was topic not tasteless (dirty joke or woman
- Did s/he use adequate amount of time?
- Did not s/he make too long a topic presentation
as almost a speech?
- Was the topic selection good?
- Did s/he first announce the topic/question
and then call upon a participant?
- Did not s/he call upon Toastmasters with
heavy job such as prepared speakers and TMOD
when there were no job members and light
job members were available?
- Did not s/he embarrass the guest by calling
- Did s/he ask for timer's report, announce
the eligibility and ask the audience to vote?
- Did s/he announce changes in day's program,
if any, at the outset?
- Any problem or flaws in the printed program?
- Were introductions of speakers adequate?
- Did s/he make a smooth bridge between one
speaker to the next?
- In introducing the speaker did s/he cover
the following without fail?
- Speech project
- Objectives of the project
- Speech title
- Time allotted
- Evaluator's name
- Did s/he encourage the members to use the
- Did not s/he forget to ask for timer's report
for eligibility announcement toward the end
of the prepared speech session?
- Was award presentation adequate and dramatic?
- Did not s/he sound authoritative?
- Did not s/he use harsh words to hurt the
feeling of the speaker?
- Did not s/he tried to cover too much ground
and lost focus?
- Wasn't the evaluation just a white-wash?
- Did s/he give constructive suggestions for
- Did s/he refer to the manual in making his/her
Ah-Um counter (as the presenter of Word of
- Was the selection of WOD good and sensible?
- Did s/he count WOD and Ah-Um correctly?
- Was the explanation of timer's role adequate,
not dragging out?
- Did s/he keep the flags posted visibly enough
from the speaker?
- Did people stand up before they speak in
the business session?
- Did people address the President, TMOD and
GE properly in the beginning of their speech?
- Did not they make a small conference or make
noise during the program, especially during
- Did not people leave the lectern area unattended?
- What is your overall impression/feeling about