Advanced Comunication Series
Interpretive Reading (Rev.5/2011)
- To understand the elements of interpretive
- To learn how to analyze a narrative and plan
for effective interpretation.
- To learn and apply vocal techniques that
will aid in the effectiveness
of the reading.
- TIME: Eight to ten minutes
- To understand the differences between poetry
- To recognize how poets use imagery, rhythm, meter, cadence, and rhyme to convey the meanings and emotions of their poetry.
- To apply vocal techniques that will aid in the effectiveness of the reading.
- TIME: Six to eight minutes
- To understand the concept and nature of the monodrama.
- To assume the identity of a character and
to portray the physical and
emotional aspects of this character to an
- TIME: Five to seven minutes
- To adapt a play for interpretive reading.
- To portray several characters in one reading,
identifying them to the
audience through voice changes and movement.
- TIME: 12 to 15 minutes
- To understand the structure of an effective
- To interpret and present a famous speech.
- TIME: Eight to 10 minutes