Advanced Communication Series
Persuasive Speaking (Rev.10/2013)
- Learn a technique for selling an inexpensive product in a retail store.
- Recognize a buyer’s
thought processes in making a purchase.
- Elicit information from a prospective buyer through questions.
- Match the buyer’s
situation with the most appropriate product.
- TIME: 8 - 12 minutes
- Learn a technique for cold call selling of expensive products or services.
- Recognize the risks
buyers assume in purchasing.
- Use questions to help
the buyer discover problems with his or her current situation.
- Successfully handle
buyer’s objections and concerns.
- TIME: 10 - 14 minutes
- Prepare a proposal advocating an idea or course of action.
- Organize the proposal
using the six-step method provided.
- TIME: 5 - 7 minutes
- Prepare a talk on a controversial subject that persuades an audience to
accept or at least consider your viewpoint.
- Construct the speech to
appeal to the audience’s logic and emotions.
- TIME: 7 - 9 minutes for the speech, and 2 - 3 minutes for the Q&A
- Communicate your vision
and mission to an audience.
- Convince your audience to work toward achieving your vision and mission.
- TIME: 6 - 8 minutes